My Nephews First Ever PC Build

Jason Newman's computer projects

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 pm

My Nephews First Ever PC Build

So, my nephew is 10 soon and he's coming of age and has asked me for a PC so he can watch YouTube and also play Minecraft.

It's great to see him taking an interest in PC's as most kids these days are on the Xbox or tablets/phones. So naturally as he asked, he shall receive!

I've got him a little HP DX2400 Micro tower which comes with windows 7 pro 32-bit installed. 2gb of memory and a 250gb hdd. It is also a Pentium dual core 2.5Ghz so although it isn't the most powerful machine on earth it will certainly fit his needs nicely.

I've also got a ATI HD 5770 graphics card which came from my i5 pc i fixed from the dead and then upgraded for myself so that will go into this machine nicely and be a nice addition to it and allow him to play many fairly modern games.

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: My Nephews First Ever PC Build

It arrived!

Front casing is a little rough... someones been using some cheap super glue.

Graphics card installed.

After all this i put it on a benchmark and it did pretty good for it's specs. Around 30 - 40 fps at 1080p fully AA and max settings. Impressive for such an old graphics card and only a little 2.5Ghz Pentium dual core.

After installing a few more essential games for him to try and a Minecraft wallpaper It's now gone to my nephew. Good times.

Return to Computer Projects